There are still many businesses that do not utilise the benefits of blogging for their business. There are different reasons why businesses do not blog. A recent survey found the following results on how to get the most out of blogging:
Question One: How often do you blog?
Answers received: Just starting out, every couple of days, weekly, or never
Question Two: What is the biggest struggle you have with blogging?
Answers received: Haven’t started, don’t know how, language struggles, coming up with topics that are useful for their audience
Question Three: How often would you like to blog?
Answers received: Once a fortnight, every couple of days, daily, monthly or not sure
Question Four: Do you know what to blog about?
Answers received: Yes, numerous things, always get stuck on this
Question Five: Do you know what to do with your blog once it is written?
Answers received: Put it on my website, get it out on social media, I do not use the blog for anything other than posting links to facebook, and no they didn’t
Question Six: If you were able to get help with your blogging what would it be?
Answers received: For someone else to do it, help with topics for their niche, when to and where to put it, and how blogging works and the benefits
As you can see from these results, many people are still unaware of the huge benefits blogging can bring them and their business.
Following are some great blogging tips that can help you get started:
- The first and most important part of blogging is to have a plan, like with any part of your business, a plan is essential if you are to see successful results
- Decide on which day you will send your blog out and make sure you stick to that day each week/fortnight/month. Your audience will expect to see your blog on the same day each week/fortnight/month depending on the frequency you choose
- It is important to get a calendar where you put the information from your plan as to what topics will be covered each month and on what day the blog will go out
- If you need to research your topics, you need to set aside time to complete this well before the blog is to go out
- If you need to outsource your blog, give that person plenty of notice on what the blogs will be about
- Remember that your blogs will need to be optimised for the search engines; this is how your target audience will find your blogs!
- Make sure you put links back to your website in your blogs
- Make sure you add images and videos to your blogs
- Research what keywords will get you the best results in the search engines
The list above is by no means exhaustive, however, it is a great place for you to start blogging.
If you get blogging down to a fine art, you can actually make money blogging. There are many people that do blogging as a full-time job and make money, lots of money!
If you are time poor or not sure how to start with your blogging, perhaps we need to have a chat. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
Are you a business that struggles and not sure how to get the most out of your blogging?