The Many Reasons Why You Should Write A Book Now
There are many reasons to write a book and the benefits are deep rooted in most instances. Everyone has a book in them, however, not everyone will write that book. To me and most of my authors understand the real benefits of writing a book is the deep healing that takes place, no matter what your story is about.
The process of writing a book in itself is helpful to you as a writer to completely off load all the ‘stuff’ that has happened in your life. It also has many other benefits like helping others understand that they are not alone in this world and that they are not the only person who is going through this situation.
Many of my authors have found that writing their story has helped them tremendously to overcome their fears, traumas, abuse, whatever their situation, it is like a huge release to be able to put it down onto paper and get it out of your head. This is where the real healing begins. Keeping all that hurt and fear pent up is unhealthy and can lead to many diseases.
As with personal stories you write about your problem and share how you overcame that problem, this is the same for books that are written for a business. They both share the same principal for wanting to write a book.
There are other reasons and benefits why you would write a book and we are going to discuss them now:
- Helps improve your writing skills – these skills can then be transferred to other projects like writing blogs, articles, emails, reports, proposals, videos, podcasts, speeches. It will also help you create more enticing titles and headlines for all your writing projects
- Credibility – having written a book will give you so much more credibility, people and businesses will see you in a different light
- Increase your visibility – writing a book will position you in a way that people will see you as the expert in your field
- Content marketing – writing a book helps you create more interesting marketing content to promote your business. It allows you to share snippets of content as articles, blogs, podcasts, speeches, webinars and more
- Planning tools – writing a book provides the opportunity to use and master some amazing tools for mind mapping, project management and time management
- Make decisions easier – writing a book can change the way you currently make decisions. You will encounter many new alternatives, options as well as options at each step of organising your ideas, writing your book, marketing your book and it will also help you develop better decision-making skills that can help you in other areas of your life
- A new perspective – writing a book will help you look at large projects from a different viewpoint. Your writing and publishing experience will allow you to develop good habits and help you to break down large projects into smaller bite sized tasks
- More confidence – When you finally get to hold your book in your hands and see your name on the front cover, your confidence will fly through the roof. Your book is proof that you are the expert in your field and that you are capable of completing such a mammoth task
- What if – imagine you have written your book and it is very successful in so many ways, you’re now seen as the expert, people treat you with more respect, and your book is helping so many people…this starts to make your mind think…so what if I write some more books that can help others?
Remember that your story will help others, even if at the moment you don’t believe it can. I can assure you from my experience as an author coach and publisher that your story will be the exact medicine someone out there needs.
So perhaps it's time to start writing your story.
What problem have you overcome that you could write about to help others?